Farang Baa


HELLO! So i got about two hours into my day off and the camera in my battery died, so no post and barely any pictures. :( Straight after getting off the taxi Steph and I went and split a pizza at one of many Thai run italian places. Actually later in the day we went back to the same restaurant and split a bruchetta and another pizza- yum western food! At the center we eat rice. Rice with chicken, rice with curry tofu, rice with beans, you get the idea. Once a week we eat some type of western food- usually pasta or fries(chips, apparently) or sandwiches or something. Answering a question about the volunteers, we've got one Thai, four Dutch, one Norwegian, two New Zealanders, two germans, three brits, and one other american. We spend a lot of time comparing notes on words used for different items. My Thai is coming along quite well(for an american...), as Steph had already spent a month here and taught me some words. Farang Baa means "crazy foreigner". Good for when I do something stupid.
Hua Hin was really relaxing, after our first pizza, we wandered to the beach(not a great beach, dead fish and trash scattered about), but the first Thailand beach I've seen, so I took it. We found a clean stretch, rented lounge chairs, and people bring beers right to you. I got a pic right before my camera went out. After the beach we did a bit of shopping- I learned how to haggle in Thai. Didn't buy much, I think I'll do that a little later in my trip. The about ten of the other volunteers met us around 8:30 and we all had dinner at a seafood restaurant over the water. Really cool. Then to a bar and then home at 2am. Very late night, especially since I had to get up at 6am and scoop bear shit. Hope you're all planning a trouble filled Halloween!
Dad- through in a pic of Andy the hornbill who lives here. He kind of just hops around and we set food out for him. I don't know anything about the wild birds here- I know, i should be ashamed...
Oh yeah- I changed my settings so now anyone can comment, you don't have to log in.

1 Comments:
Now were those Happy Pizzas??? Hi Becky!!! I talked to the other Fried last night and he sent me your link. What a cool adventure!! Where in Thailand are you? I'm flying into Bangkok on December 30th in time to make it to Siem Reap for New Years!!! My bro is there already and my boyfriend Lars (take interest in your Norwegian), sister, and brother-in-law will also be joining. Yay Beckster!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home