Retic!!!

I got to see my first animal drop last night! After dinner a van drove up and dropped off a cage with a 15 foot reticulated python in it! They caught it inside a telephone company office and brought it in because it's head was bleeding and they didn't know what else to do with it. The vet fixed it up(minor problem) and they will release it tonight or tomorrow morning. Very cool - I've never seen one before but they are one of the meanest and most dangerous pythons out there. The guy on the left is Edwin, the one who started and who runs the Wildlife Center.
A whole bunch of new volunteers have arrived yesterday and today- I think that I'm expected to start training them soon- I don't even know what I'M doing half the time. It'll be good though. My new roommate is French and speaks very little english-I think that will be interesting/good for me. It has been an weird day here at the center- the water/electricity shut off this morning at about 9am, and has yet to come back on(it's about 5pm). Theres only water in the quarantine area, so we've been carting it all over the place to wash the animal food, clean the cages and bowls, etc. And obviously no one has been able to shower or wash their hands all day. Fun. Hopefully by tonight beacuse I've just had my sheets washed(can only do it once a week) and I'd rather not get into them smelling like this(cleaned the bear pool again today). Ok, I've missed most of dinner the past few times I've posted b/c these computers are SLOW, so I'm out. Love and miss you all!

1 Comments:
figured we might tag team this one. ahem:
re‧tic‧u‧late (as in snakes that lunch on mini-vans)
[adj. ri-tik-yuh-lit, -leyt; v. ri-tik-yuh-leyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, verb, -lat‧ed, -lat‧ing.
–adjective
1. netted; covered with a network.
2. netlike.
3. Botany. having the veins or nerves disposed like the threads of a net.
–verb (used with object)
4. to form into a network.
5. to cover or mark with a network.
–verb (used without object)
6. to form a network.
[Origin: 1650–60; < L rēticulātus net-like, equiv. to rēticul(um) reticle + -ātus -ate1]
—Related forms
re‧tic‧u‧late‧ly, adverb
Post a Comment
<< Home