Sunday, December 12, 2010

Meditation Boot Camp

Well, we are out. Released, free, but not quite liberated. Not quite. :-)
I'm not sure what I expected going in to this whole Vipassana thing, but the course was a LOT more intense than I had imagined in my mind. Sitting for twelve hours a day, battling with our minds and bodies, its amazing that we have both come out feeling so good and so refreshed. I have never have had such insight into how much emphasis I have put on the things in my life that I cannot change or my own reactionary habits to them. And now I have the tools to change those habits. I hope that I have the strength to keep meditating daily (1 or 2 hours a day seems so simple now) and continue to work on improving my life and the way I live it. I heartily recommend this course to anyone who has ever experienced suffering in their life - namely everyone. What an experience.

In other news, we fly out tomorrow afternoon and get in to JFK early on the 14th. Hopefully all goes smoothly and we will see at least a few of you very soon. All my love- Becky

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:39 AM  
Blogger BioScientific Editing said...

You both did a million times better than I would've done at Boot Camp! I doubt I would've lasted beyond day 1! Glad it was a positive experience though - it definitely was a once in a lifetime thing to do while you were there. Hope the travels went smoothly on the return home and that you're both now looking forward to a relaxing & very enjoyable Christmas together. Merry Christmas!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home