Hua Hin en masse


So, the elephant trip got cancelled. Not the worst thing in the world because the original plan was for us all to go to Hua Hin for the evening to send off two volunteers who have been here for eight weeks. Then Edwin planned the trip right at the same time, then got sick, so no trip. I REALLY hope it gets rescheduled for sometime in the next two weeks, because a lot of us were looking forward to going. Aaaaanyway, we had a great time on our night excursion. I finally bought some stuff at the night market, and then we met up again at the same bar for pool, darts, and general shenanigans. Even in the bars people come up to you about every three minutes trying to sell you things, and it takes several times saying no to get them to leave you be. Plus both times I have gone there was this little boy(maybe 8?) selling flowers until about 1am when the bar closed. Kind of sad. So we got home at 3am and all got up at 6 to start work today. whew! Have a real day off tomorrow- going to take a taxi to Cha-am, bus to Phetchburi, then another taxi to the cave temple. Should be cool, although I'll need to make another CD tonight because my memory card is full. Again. :) We have been compiling all of our pictures one guys computer so that we can all take home the best shots of everything we've done, so I'll have lots of wonderful animal pictures when I get back. Not a lot of new pix- I've been taking a lot of videos and for now have given up on getting them on this blog. The macaque is "bandit", a little baby that was born with only one arm and no legs. It is amazing how well he moves around his cage!(sorry, can't get the picture right side up...) Then there is a picture of Nin the gibbon sitting at the bottom of her cage. When they lay down in their caegs they tend to look like a pile of arms sometimes...
And then I added one of us working a bit- we had just finished washing and cutting up all the fruit for the bears and were carting it off to the enclosures to feed. Sorry I'm not in any of these pics- thats why we're sharing all our pictures I suppose.
Can't believe I've already been here over two weeks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home