Petchvarin Resort
Well, I've just had my third day off and my first night I've actually spent away from the center. Me and three others decided to go to this little resort in the middle of nowhere and be absolute bums for an entire day. And we suceeded. Thoroughly.
We stayed over on Monday night, and spent all day tuesday basically alternating between eating, drinking(we started at 10am!), and laying around the pool. And though very expensive by Thai standards, we only spent about $75 each. That's for the room, the massage, taxi to
and from, four meals, and MANY drinks. A very well spent day in the sun. The pix are of Chris and I drinking Tequila Sunrises by the river waiting for our massages, Max and I wearing as many cocktail drink accessories that we could find, and then Max, Chris and Steph at the dinner table tuckered out from a hard days play. Like the couches?
And, beacuse I couldn't possible NOT write about it, on Monday, Max and I had monkey chow duty(always entertaining). Unfortunately he got a little too close to the cage and one of the macaques made a grab and stole his hat! We thought he would just chew it up, but he proceeded to put it on and parade around the cage. Funniest damn thing I've seen.
These monkeys are tricksy I tell you!Today everything was back to normal, up at 6:30 and all that. I did swim around the gibbon islands a bit- you have to stay about 8 or so feet away from the islands or they will jump on you, which can't be fun...they don't swim and would probably alternate between attacking and trying to use you as a flotation device. Greeaaaat. Oh- the last pic is of Bong, yes Bong, laying about in his hammock. So human! Ok, more news from the jungle in a few days!

1 Comments:
my deepest respects to Bong. he seems like a true hedonist.
-matt
Post a Comment
<< Home