Thursday, June 19, 2008

Always remember rule #6

Hi everyone! So I had this great opportunity to attend the VLE two weeks ago and I wanted to tell you guys about it and put up some pictures too. The VLE is the Veterinary Leadership Experience, hosted by Washington State University and held in Post Falls, ID. There were about 180 people there, with two students and one professor from each school, plus representatives from Hills, Novartis, Banfield, etc, some small animal practictioners & PhD speakers in fields of communication, psychology and the such. Also we did trust falls. :)
So I made a lot of great contacts and good friends, and it pretty much much made me feel like whereever I end up for my clinical year I will know people and be a part of a great program. I think all the schools have a lot going for them. Also Post Falls was beautiful, as was Spokane, WA, where the conference started. There's a picture of the grounds and across the lake at the conference center, and then one of my group that I spent most of my time with. Oh yeah- they gave us lots of free stuff- jackets, sweatshirts, tshirts, hats, and much more, which is why we all match like champs. I love it.
Getting back in gear on the island and catching up in classes kicked the crap out of me, but I think I may be getting close to back on track. Next week I'm going to try and start fresh. Yesterday I had my Thailand/Cambodia trip meeting to see the interest for traveling next winter break. Turns out I have a few more than I planned on, but I'm sure it will work out and be an amazing trip. Lots to do, lots to do. Miss you all!
ps: Rule #6 is don't take yourself so seriously. There isn't a 1-5.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap you've done a lot this year! (I just clicked on your blog and realized that it's still going Post-Thailand.) Your life is far more exciting than you give it credit for! Anyways... will hopefully see you in about 2 months, so that's exciting! More later on another medium! Miss you beck!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home