Rough week
almost done almost done almost done almost done...
Well the exam count here is 6 down, 1 to go. The week has been...difficult to describe. I have been up all night the last three nights, with short 3 hour naps in the mornings after each final. Plus the power was out for two hours monday night while we were studying for physio - see pic. Monday's exam (Parasit) was harder than it should have been.
Tues (physio) was worse, and today (Immuno) was if possible, 10x worse than physio. Given that about a third of the class was failing one or both of these two classes going in to finals week, this is not good. At all. Considering we have 12 repeaters who cant repeat again, and many people who may be under the mark in more than one class, Saturday (when grades are released) may be a very difficult day for some. You should see the looks on peoples faces as they walk around campus - a subtle mix of indignation and nausea. We are all hoping for a decent curve from both professors, but one is a known (insert expletive), so only time will tell. I'm very excited for this semester to be finished and done, and to start fresh in January.
Ok, thats it about exams. Tomorrow at 11am we are free :). Nothing else is really going on beside school, and this constant crazy stormy weather. I know I have too many pics of the goats on here already, but this is the view north from my apt, and as the storms come in fast and intense over the mountain, you can see the goats lined up along the south wall of the creepy looking house next to us to stay out of it. Always an entertaining bunch.
I've also been busy putting on some finishing touches for the Thailand trip- I can't believe we are actually leaving in two days! I've been back and forth with Simon at WFFT arranging the dates, money, taxis and living arrangments for so long that its weird to think we will actually BE THERE in a few short days. Very cool. I will do my best to keep this updated while I am there - I'm sure there will be stories and pics aplenty.
Well I must get going. Gotta get some cleaning and packing done before Renee comes and gets me for some dinner and then back to the lib (my car is broken...again!) Anatomy tomorrow morn, then dinner at Spratnets and drinks at Ziggys. It is time for this semester to be OVER!
Well the exam count here is 6 down, 1 to go. The week has been...difficult to describe. I have been up all night the last three nights, with short 3 hour naps in the mornings after each final. Plus the power was out for two hours monday night while we were studying for physio - see pic. Monday's exam (Parasit) was harder than it should have been.
Tues (physio) was worse, and today (Immuno) was if possible, 10x worse than physio. Given that about a third of the class was failing one or both of these two classes going in to finals week, this is not good. At all. Considering we have 12 repeaters who cant repeat again, and many people who may be under the mark in more than one class, Saturday (when grades are released) may be a very difficult day for some. You should see the looks on peoples faces as they walk around campus - a subtle mix of indignation and nausea. We are all hoping for a decent curve from both professors, but one is a known (insert expletive), so only time will tell. I'm very excited for this semester to be finished and done, and to start fresh in January.Ok, thats it about exams. Tomorrow at 11am we are free :). Nothing else is really going on beside school, and this constant crazy stormy weather. I know I have too many pics of the goats on here already, but this is the view north from my apt, and as the storms come in fast and intense over the mountain, you can see the goats lined up along the south wall of the creepy looking house next to us to stay out of it. Always an entertaining bunch.
I've also been busy putting on some finishing touches for the Thailand trip- I can't believe we are actually leaving in two days! I've been back and forth with Simon at WFFT arranging the dates, money, taxis and living arrangments for so long that its weird to think we will actually BE THERE in a few short days. Very cool. I will do my best to keep this updated while I am there - I'm sure there will be stories and pics aplenty. Well I must get going. Gotta get some cleaning and packing done before Renee comes and gets me for some dinner and then back to the lib (my car is broken...again!) Anatomy tomorrow morn, then dinner at Spratnets and drinks at Ziggys. It is time for this semester to be OVER!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home