Back to work!

HI! So I'm back in Thailand, which is amazing, but it also means very limited internet access, so bear with me keeping in touch please. Being back at the center is wonderful, seeing all the animals and staff and doing all of the jobs again. But let me back it up a bit. Finals finished up ok- I got my grades and I did pretty well, considering the mass havoc that finals wreaked on our class. Some friends are repeating, others are going home. Im very glad that this semester is over and I'm quite ready to start up next next semester strong.
So we all got on our first plane(of four!)off St. Kitts on friday afternoon- the travel agency messed up our tickets, which I wont get into here, but we managed to have our first crisis before we even left the island. Then we stayed over in Miami, flew to DC on saturday morning, and made our connection to tokyo with minutes to spare. I have never run so far in an airport (in flipflops!) before in my life. Crazy. So, wheezing, we got on our fourteen hour journey across the pacific, and made friends with the flight attendants. The first is a picture of us about 7 hours in (somewhere over alaska) having a social hour in the galley at the back of the plane. Quite fun. Then after a quick stop to eat airport sushi in Japan, we headed to Bangkok. Ok I gotta speed this up.
Got to Khao San Rd. around 1am, found our guest house, and then went out for a few hours to witness the late night drunk fools that were still running around the streets. Good introduction to Bangkok I bet. :) The next day we shopped around a bit on Khao San, then caught a bus down to Cha-am, then a WFFT taxi to the center. A looooong journey, and I woke up this morning for the first time not so jetlagged i couldn't see straight. So we are here, everyone is adjusting and working hard, and as I said, its wonderful to be back. I must run or I will miss dinner and that is no fun. The other pics are of the girls at a restaurant in Cha-am two nights ago, then working cleaning out a bear pool yesterday morning. And there is a tiny little baby gibbon here from bangkok, so I had to put in a picture of him too. 
There is also a one year old bear cub and a baby elephant. Too cute to even imagine. Pictures soon! Miss you guys- keep in touch!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home