
Happy holidays everyone! I hope christmas morning finds all of you rested, happy, and of course surrounded by food. As it should be. Over here the holidays are slightly less than traditional, as this morning was spent feeding macaques, cleaning the otter pool, and photographing the tiger. Last night we had a HUGE christmas eve dinner, which was really really wonderful. Beautiful tree and decorations, delicious assortment of food, and of course a massive kareoke session at the end.

I put in a picture of the enormous grill being skillfully manned by an aussie named Bek. With all the staff and volunteers, there were about 40 people there, and even though this is just my first experience with christmas away from home, I'm not sure it could have been any better. Then after going to bed around 2:30am, we were all up ready to work at 6am this fine christmas morning. Well not so much "ready to work", but close enough. :)

After all the morning jobs everyone opened their gifts under the tree (we did secret santa, so everyone had at least one), and then we went off and scrubbed the otter pool. I told you it was less than traditional. And though everyone is pretty much worn out, I think we're going to try and have a relaxed night tonight and watch a movie or something. I'm wondering what new years will be like...

So I hope your holidays have been good as well, and I cant wait to hear all the stories! It IS strange not to be home eating shrimp cocktail and sitting in front of a crackling fire, or wearing funny hats and downing latkes. Perhaps we will have to have a make believe holiday season next time I come back to CT. Yes that sounds good. Well I think thats it- I wish you all a very merry christmas! Stay warm!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home