Backpacker Mecca


Back on Khao San, in all its backpacker glory. I got here at 5:30 this morning- actually they stopped the bus about 5 blocks from here, unloaded all our stuff onto the street, and told us it was Khao San Rd., which it very clearly wasn't. OF COURSE there were heaps of taxis and tuk-tuks willing to take us there. This town. But after safely walking to the main street and getting some breakfast with a random Brit, I found a little guest house and CRASHED! The room smells a little like feet and the "bedspread" looks remarkably like two towels, but it's cozy and has AC and is my own little paradise for the moment.
I spent the rest of my time in Chiang Mai just wandering around through various markets and temples(every 30 feet, I swear.). The old looking one was right outside my guest house. love it!
The metal working guy was at the night market and was using only a hammer and various nails and screws to create the masterpieces behind him. Stellar, eh? So not much else to report- not as much day to day as when you're working with wild animals, but still an adventure...This is sign on a bathroom in Chiang Mai. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home