Friday, November 17, 2006

More Cowbell!


I finally walked around the lake that borders the center- theres actually no path so most of the time we were walking through bush or through peoples property. Kind of interesting to see the area around where I've been living- lots of banana farms and run down houses. Saw a herd(a flock? a pod?) of cows with old-fashioned cowbells. ;) Like my artistic picture of us walking? I do. We also had clear view of the farthest gibbon island, which is almost self sufficient and has hardly any human contact. This guy was tightrope walking along the length of the island as we passed him, using those loong arms as a balance beam. funny!
Had enrichments as well yesterday, just wanted to show some pics of that- we stuffed a tire with cooked potato and hung it outside the langur cage. By the end they were all covered head to toe in crumbled potato but still looking fantasticly cute. We gave the macaques some coconut(boring) but I wanted to show you all just how large and pointy their teeth are. THIS is why we dont go in with them! (wow, ok i just tried to upload that pic 5 times. I hate these computers!) Oh- we had three busses full of kids show up to see the center today and us volunteers had the distinct pleasure of giving them tours. joy of joys. I actually had one girl who stuck to me like glue and asked questions though, so it was a nice break from no one paying attention at all. :) Ok, thats about it for today. Can't believe I'm leaving this place in four days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home