Oh sweet irony
So I've been lost in Paradise the last few days- very cut off electronically. I'm at Tonsai Beach, about 10 miles from Ko Phi Phi, where they filmed the movie "The Beach". I'm certainly no expert, but I've never seen a place at beautiful as this. We're in a sheltered cove with giant climber covered cliffs on three sides. The water is bluegreen with reefs all around and about the temperature of a cool bath. Wild macaques try and steal food. There are swim through caves that fill up in high tide. Every night is a party with reggae and fire shows and tight rope walking. The reason I am simply explaining this instead of showing you pictures is that my camera is on(permanent) hiatus. Yes, now not only am I broke and have lost my speakers and ipod charger, but most recently, my camera got water damage and no longer works. Being in this place and not able to take pictures is a small tragedy for me. That said, with all that going on I continue to have a wonderful time. I have somehow managed to accidently run into a friend of mine from the center, and we are having a fabulous time in this haven. I will leave for Ko Tao in two days for the island/diving experience. HOWEVER, the blog I fear must end, since I can no longer illustrate where I am. Comment if you want me to continue....
Always, Becks
Always, Becks

1 Comments:
Beck! You have to keep blogging! I've been living vicariously through your blog for the past two months. It sucks about your camera, and iPod. I suppose I may even have to watch the Beach (a truly crappy movie) just to get the imagery of where you're at.
Norton Ave. misses you- it's been oddly quiet around here.
Post a Comment
<< Home