The land of Carib
One week down. My class, which started with about 85 people, lost 8 last semester and gained a staggering 12 people this semester, so there are a lot of new faces. Plus the incoming 1sties are something like 135 people, so now we're down to the third largest class and the classrooms they stick us in remind me somewhat of sardine tins, but with less air circulation. My classes this semester are Gross Anatomy II(equine/ruminant/avian), Physiology II, Immunology, and Parasitology. So far they aren't too bad, but again that feeling of SO MUCH new material coming at us is a little overwhelming. I think this semester is going to be a good one though- I have already signed up for my first dive and for the volleyball league on fridays, plus we are working very hard to get the ZEW(zoo, exotic & wildlife) club back on its feet and active on campus.
The Thailand trip is still shaping up well, but we need to get into fundraising as soon as possible for it, because we have a long way to go. :)
Last night was the first big party of the semester(there's usually about 4 or 5 per semester) and the theme was luau. Twas fun- I put a picture in of Angel and I. I've done nothing today but lay around in bed, watch Scrubs, and eat airheads- i think tomorrow I will study. I had to reload all of the pictures on my camera back on to my computer so that I could post some old ones- i dont think I lost that many overall.
So I posted some of when Schuyler was here: the first night after finals, which incidentally was the night Dean was about to hit us, but try telling 300 or so students that they cant go out on the beach after finals week!
Then one at Brimstone Fortress, where we were literally IN the cloud cover, and at one point almost got struck by lightening. yikes! Then one of a cute cow(bull? mare? gilt?) that was ambling down the road right next to us. It is a strange feeling to be back on the island- somehow in my one week at home I forgot how to calculate EC, how to drive on these roads, and how to do anything but sweat in this ridiculous heat. Ok, maybe I will motivate and study tonight- the library is air-conditioned!!! Till next time...
The Thailand trip is still shaping up well, but we need to get into fundraising as soon as possible for it, because we have a long way to go. :)Last night was the first big party of the semester(there's usually about 4 or 5 per semester) and the theme was luau. Twas fun- I put a picture in of Angel and I. I've done nothing today but lay around in bed, watch Scrubs, and eat airheads- i think tomorrow I will study. I had to reload all of the pictures on my camera back on to my computer so that I could post some old ones- i dont think I lost that many overall.
So I posted some of when Schuyler was here: the first night after finals, which incidentally was the night Dean was about to hit us, but try telling 300 or so students that they cant go out on the beach after finals week!
Then one at Brimstone Fortress, where we were literally IN the cloud cover, and at one point almost got struck by lightening. yikes! Then one of a cute cow(bull? mare? gilt?) that was ambling down the road right next to us. It is a strange feeling to be back on the island- somehow in my one week at home I forgot how to calculate EC, how to drive on these roads, and how to do anything but sweat in this ridiculous heat. Ok, maybe I will motivate and study tonight- the library is air-conditioned!!! Till next time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home