Buddy the scary guard dog

Hello there!
So whats new here? hmm. My knee is still healing...still trying to work on it in a controlled way everyday and getting closer and closer to being able to walk down stairs, which is the only real hurdle left. The rest is just strengthening and getting my normal gait back. Still every day better. And I can hear fully now, so I'm back to just having the one health problem. :) I put in a picture of Scott trying to put the remains of my bike back together...gotta sell that thing. ha ha.

Had a killer exam today - and I did much better than I expected(with the advent of private internet grade posting, we sometimes get our scores within hours of taking a test). I think theres a chance I could come out with a pretty respectable first semester...
There have been crazy storms here for the last few days, including right now. The storms are so intense- i cant even talk on the phone or listen to music at the height of them- just way too loud. I love them of course, rainstorms have always been my favorite weather.
Wow it is really coming down out there -lemme try and get a picture. I'm just sitting here basically waiting for the power to go out. Ok here's the pic off my back porch next to one on a sunny day so you can see the difference. crazy, eh?In other news, the Thailand presentation went great last week! I had over 30 people interested, and even though I can only take 6, I've been starting to research other trips for students to take on breaks. Could be really cool- we are at a great jumping off point for central/south american projects. More on that soon to come I'm sure. I'll meet with the six people for this trip sometime this week and we'll get started on preparations and brainstorming about fundraising. This is going to be sooo amazing!
That's about it for now- i think things from now on will be looking up for me here- last Friday I even got to go to the beach for the weekly volleyball tournament with a bunch of friends. I've never appreciated being able to walk on sand more. Hope you all are doing well!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home