Monday, July 16, 2007

Cats n Kittens


Hi everyone!! I cant believe its already been two weeks since Scott left! The time has definitely flown by though...several icky exams, several delicious dinners out, and more time procrastinating than I thought I was capable of. Through and through, not a terrible two weeks, though we do miss him. The two exams we had last week were in nutrition and physiology, and after that hellion of a week, a bunch of us went out to the Marriot on Thurs for sushi and ice cream. Twas fun. Theres a picture of my new roomie for next semester, Angel, posing with our neighbor Paul. His shirt says "Trust me, I'm almost a doctor".

Then on Friday we went on one of the famous(or infamous) catamaran trips to the small island Nevis.
They have become a kind of tradition with the students here, after a particularly hard week, and this was the first one I could go on since orientation because of the bad knee (which continues to heal...). The Cat trips go like this- you get on the boat around 6pm with 40 or so of your closest friends. The boat then takes the 45 min. trip to Nevis, where all passengers are deposited on a beach (with there is a bar and bonfire) to chill for the next 3-4 hours. Then back on the boat and back to Port Zante on St. Kitts by midnight. I had a really good time- the next one is scheduled for after exams and hopefully Schuyler will be here for that. That would be super. The pictures are of Renee and I and then of Jason and Coral.
So that was Friday night. On Sunday my friend James was over and we had a really cool thing happen(well, a blessing anyway). There were massive storms all day, and between two of them there was a loud mewing coming from outside my apartment. I figured it was just one of my neighbors cats, but James insisted that it was a kitten and so headed outside to follow the sound. What he found was a little soaked furball of a kitty yowling from a bush on the side of the road, clearly really freaked out and lost to boot. Well, he scooped the little fuzzball up, brought him in (after locking away Sala, who was NOT happy about the situation), fed him and cleaned him up a little. You can see in the pics what a cutie he is, though a little dirty and underweight. We figure he's about 4 weeks or so. So obviously James now has a cat, and has named the little guy Godric, as in Gryfindor(we are all nerds here).

Funny thing about vet school- by about 30 min of James having the cat (this was a sunday, when all stores are closed), he had obtained kitty shampoo, capstar(for fleas), wet food, dry food, a litter pan and ear cleaning solution. EVERYONE here has pets. :)
And theres just one more thing- I FINALLY am able to go back to the "stairway to the sea"!! I wrote about it a few blogs ago, but the way down is SO steep that I havent been able to get down there for almost 2 months due to my knee.
Well, now I can, and it is as wonderful as I remembered. I promised pics, so here they are...one of me sitting out on the rocks, and one of a view of the little gazebo thing from where I was sitting. Its so incredibly beautiful down there- I dont understand why the place is not swarming with students all the time. If you walk further along the shore from where I am sitting, there is a small black sand beach at low tide. Anyway, this has gotten long, and I have Histo to read (Yay lymphatics!). Hope you enjoyed the pics!

When oh WHEN will Harry Potter 5 come to this island????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home