Monday, July 02, 2007

Of Otters & Ostium


-Scott, Me, Renee and James-


Well we've just finished our midsemester "break", which consisted of us having today off. Thrilling. Actually it was very nice to have three days off in a row- some of my friends had people in from out of town which even of made it feel kind of like a real vacation. Went out to the beach on Friday afternoon, then to dinner at Spratnet (this stellar restaurant right on the water), then to this "club" situation at the Marriott. All the pics are from the beach right outside Ziggys. It was a really good day- considering also that I won 50 bucks- US that is- at the casino right before we went to the club. Saturday a whole bunch of us went to Turtle beach, which is the place with the drunk monkeys, and laid around most of the day(of course with anatomy books in hand). Then went to another amazing dinner at this Italian place called PJs where I had some delicious eggplant parmesan, one of my favorites!!! I actually got in about 4 hours lab time yesterday, and a wee bit of studying done this morning, but then have been bumming around the rest of today with Scott, James, Kyle and Hannah.
The reason for the busy schedule and generally all the merrimaking these past few days however, goes beyond the fact that it was a glorious three day weekend. Sadly, and in the face of much protest, Scott will getting on a plane tomorrow AM and heading back to the states. He has decided that the veterinary curriculum is not for him and he would be much better suited getting a masters in some sort of wildlife biological study. Although I agree that Scott will be brilliant in his newly chosen path and think that this is the completely the right choice for him, he will certainly be missed his friends down here. Can't wait for you to visit otter boy!
That said, we now move into the last phase of semester one(so soon, i know!!). One exam this week, two next week, a break, three the following week, then finals. I know I will be fine, but still I feel a little unsteady when I think about it. Well, I'm off to bed- Sala is squawking aroung my feet. Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home