I know what you do to the cats...
Hello! I know it's been a few days but there really isn't too much new to report down here. The big news is that i am now posting FROM MY APARTMENT!!! That's right. I signed up for the service, and fifteen short days later, BOOM, I have internet. Technology is grand. So now I am happy because I dont have to scurry to the library every time I want to check something online or send an email, I can do it from my kitchen. For those if you who have invested in a webcam, this means live conversations very soon! And since its wireless, I can show you around my apartment, my view, and all that. Yeah!!!
So things are pretty good here. School continues to be a challenge but so far we are all managing pretty well. The dissection we are doing in gross is the best part of classes- I've never had so much fun learning before! I am quite free to be a nerd here.
I put in a picture of Ryan and I on the Catamaran trip from last week. I used to work with Ryan in Farmington CT way back in the day- we ran into each other here- cool huh? And a picture of the shirt I got when I joined the AAFP club, the American Association of Feline Practitioners, ha ha its funny.
Oh I just remembered- On sunday I was craving a break from studying so I walked down this little path from campus called the "stairway to the sea". It leads down through the woods to a gazebo type structure that hangs over the rocks on the ocean. If you sit on the edge you can feel the spray from the surf. I think I've found my new zen territory. I will take pix next time I go down.
And finally - the title. Quick explanation- about a month before I left for school, 1st grade teacher Erin Trumble sent me an email asking me if her students could each send me a letter. She had just taught them about vets and was practicing letter writing with them as well. The catch is that all of the students wrote to me as if I was already a vet and I had to write back in the same way. I have already sent my group reply to the class, but these letters and illustrations(not sure where my arms attach on that one) make me smile every time I pick them up, which is quite often. I wanted to share some of my favorites with you...






Hope these brighten your day!
Talk to you all soon and if you're not already, GET. ON. SKYPE.
So things are pretty good here. School continues to be a challenge but so far we are all managing pretty well. The dissection we are doing in gross is the best part of classes- I've never had so much fun learning before! I am quite free to be a nerd here.I put in a picture of Ryan and I on the Catamaran trip from last week. I used to work with Ryan in Farmington CT way back in the day- we ran into each other here- cool huh? And a picture of the shirt I got when I joined the AAFP club, the American Association of Feline Practitioners, ha ha its funny.
Oh I just remembered- On sunday I was craving a break from studying so I walked down this little path from campus called the "stairway to the sea". It leads down through the woods to a gazebo type structure that hangs over the rocks on the ocean. If you sit on the edge you can feel the spray from the surf. I think I've found my new zen territory. I will take pix next time I go down.And finally - the title. Quick explanation- about a month before I left for school, 1st grade teacher Erin Trumble sent me an email asking me if her students could each send me a letter. She had just taught them about vets and was practicing letter writing with them as well. The catch is that all of the students wrote to me as if I was already a vet and I had to write back in the same way. I have already sent my group reply to the class, but these letters and illustrations(not sure where my arms attach on that one) make me smile every time I pick them up, which is quite often. I wanted to share some of my favorites with you...






Hope these brighten your day!
Talk to you all soon and if you're not already, GET. ON. SKYPE.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home