Big Fish


Hi everyone! I decided to do a few more dives here before I head off this little island, and it has been COMPLETELY worth it. Last night we did a night dive - pretty damn scary but still wicked good fun. It is really dark down there.
Then today...(dun dun dun) I saw a WHALE SHARK!!!! wow. They're what this area is known for but still really rare. The one we saw (on both dives) was a juvenile but still about 5 meters long. wow again. Whale sharks are technically just really big fish, so they eat plankton and aren't dangerous at all. We also saw reef sharks, huge schools of baracuda, and tons of the little pretty fish. And last night we saw some blue spotted rays. The pics: one of me(obviously) after the night dive, then one of most of my open water class at 6:30am. And to kill time between dives we jump off the top of the dive boat- so thats some of em. Yes, its high up.
I've moved rooms at the resort into a beach bungalow, complete with hammock, so obviously the days here are getting better all the time. This is the fourth place on my trip that I've simply not wanted to leave. Amazing. But alas, the day after tomorrow I will head to Koh Phangan to hang out with Sian in HER beach bungalow there. I think this is, as they say, the life. The last pics are a stock one of a whale shark, and then one of a Canadian named Brad and I doing the underwater symble for SHARK! See you all very soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home