Thursday, April 26, 2007

City Of Angels


Well, here I am, poised to leave for my new island home. As my very wonderful friends have made the last month here in Los Angeles truly a memorable one, I decided to dedicate this first post to them. So here goes…
On April 7th(my bday) we went to Santa Anita Racetrack, where yours truly walked home up by $60, making my big money on Nektub the shiny grey horse. Viva Argentinia!
I posted a picture of Eric and Jillian Dy after one of them won $90 on the Santa Anita Derby and the other lost big. I know its hard to tell which is which…

The following week i finished up working at the hospital, a job I started just 10 days after arriving in L.A. They got me a cake. Then on Friday my dear big bro came down from Portland to take part in the excessive blowout party themed “Pirates VS Ninjas: an east vs west showdown for the ages" An epic event, to say the least. Some of the more memorable pics shown below. After a greasy sunday morning meal at Barneys for hangover food, I whisked Matt off to the airport where I had to say my first real goodbye for this trip. Not really that fun.


The next friday Schuyler and I spent the afternoon at the aquarium and the evening playing pictionary and ping pong next door at 7551 Norton Ave. Love that place. Saturday we headed to Malibu for delicious fried seafood and a hike through the mountains and waterfalls, after which we took a stellar nap on the beach before heading home.
Back on Norton that night we had probably the most successful and elaborate BBQ that I've had the pleasure of attending, Here is what we ate(for all you food enthusiasts out there): Grilled zucchini and israeli salad to start, followed by two large steaks(with different marinades), lamb chops, make your own kabobs, sausage, rice, fruit tart....you get the point. gluttonous.
Which brings us to Sunday morning(yes it keeps going) when Gabe, Dy, Sara, Kenny, Misha, Mikey and I all went to Gospel Brunch at the House Of Blues and waved napkins around and Praised Jesus a lot. And ate from a ridiculous buffet and then walked home in the rain. It does seem that a lot of these activities are centered around food...

Anyway, Tues night we hit up the Gyu because anytime anybody does anything around here we celebrate by going to Gyu Kaku. And Wednesday I got an amazing treat when Eric took me to see David Sedaris read. He might just be the funniest human being in the world. Then another sushi dinner last night, and hike at Runyun Canyon today, here I am doing final preparations before running out the door to Galanga and then the airport. Sala's and my stuff is all packed up, all 200lbs of it(I'm not kidding) and I will ariive on the island tomorrow at 1:30pm EST. So, that concludes my first post, my tribute to the crew of people I have spent the last 3 1/2 years with and plan to keep in my life for as long as they'll let me. Farewell Los Angeles - though I will obviously miss the traffic and the smog, there are new adventures waiting.

My contact info is as follows:
Rebecca Fried
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
P.O. Box 334
Basseterre
St. Kitts, West Indies

This is the same P.O. box for the whole school, so make sure you get my name right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home