Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Scapulas, scalpels and scooters, oh my



Hello from St. Kitts!! A few new things have happened since I last posted…like I STARTED VET SCHOOL! Whoa. Like a ton of bricks man, like a ton of bricks. First though, let me finish up last week. The final day of orientation(Saturday) we took a catamaran trip to Nevis(pronounced Nee-vis), went snorkeling, had lunch on the beach, and generally frolicked in the water. All in all, we were in unshaded sun for pretty much 6 straight hours, and most people looked like lobsters by the end of the day. I put a picture of me and Leslie having a cocktail on the way there. Rebels! Oh and some pics of the fortress we all went to on Friday- awe-inspiring schtuff.

Then classes started on Monday, and we have pretty much been going strong ever since. I have 4 classes: nutrition, histology, physiology, and gross anatomy 1. This Friday in gross we start our semester long dog dissection- I can’t wait to get started. ☺ In combination, the classes are a bit of a killer, but definitely doable. Just don’t have time for much else during the week.
Yesterday when I got home after four hours straight of lectures, I asked my neighbor if it slows down after a while. He simply said, “you get used to it”. So there it is- I’m getting my butt kicked pretty much everyday, and so NEED distractions from home as often as you all can provide. The internet people actually called me today, which mean that I should (should) have it up and running by the end of the week. It’s difficult to set up a time now though since school started, because if they say they’ll be at your house at 930am, you’re lucky if they show up the by the end of the next day. Literally. So we’ll see on that. I have been getting to the library in the mean time to IM with people (thank you schuyler and dyman for keeping me sane). I’m very much looking forward to the first weekend coming up- there is a big party on Friday which should be a good time. Then to the beach on Sat morning and studying again by sat night. I’m told that’s pretty much how it goes around here. Sorry not a lot of pics, haven’t even taken my camera out since Saturday. Also there is this “no photography” rule here in terms of animals/classes and even campus to some extent. I can’t post pictures of a lot of stuff, but I’m sure I’ll continue to get out and see more of the island. Alright, well I must be off home to start the evening studying fun. And see Sala. I got her some toys yesterday (she’s such a niphead) so shes been a little less depressed and been out from under the bed a bit more. I’m hoping she will eventually be alright and not hide from everyone and everything. Ok, I was going. Talk to you soon!


-my orientation group-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]www.c-online-casino.co.uk[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]online casinos[/url] unshackled no deposit reward at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]loose hand-out casino
[/url].

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home